St Simon Stock Catholic School is a welcoming school where tolerance, honesty, co-operation and mutual respect for others are fostered. We believe every student to be made in the image of God and we are committed to the development of the whole person within a secure and creative environment which is supportive of the individual, regardless of their age, sex, race, colour, religion or disability. We aim to promote equality, tackle any form of discrimination and seek to remove any barriers to access, participation, progression, attainment and achievement. We take seriously our contribution towards community cohesion.
Equality Duty Objectives
St Simon Stock Catholic School is committed to supporting the Equalities Act 2010 and subsequent guidance. To this end, we have set priorities for our school in this area, which for academic year 2016-2017 are:
- To complete the Kent County Council’s Inclusion Support Services, Equality Audit to highlight existing strengths in this area and to target areas for development.
- To cascade Equality and Diversity training down from Senior Leadership Team members to all staff.
- To monitor the impact of being LGBT as a student in our school and evaluate any changes needed
- To analyse the accessibility of our school and ensure PEEP plans are devised in accordance with needs of staff and students for continuing good Health and Safety.
- To continue to monitor incidences of bullying, including different types of bullying, such as racial, homophobic, transphobic and biphobic and ensure school wide work in this area continues to be robust and effective.