Here at St Simon Stock Catholic School we provide a reputable and popular Sixth Form with over 200 students. We are a high achieving Sixth Form, rated as ‘outstanding’ in 2017 by the national body called the Advanced Level Performing System (ALPS), with results that exceed the national and Kent averages. On entry to our Sixth Form you will be following in the footsteps of some extraordinary young people who have achieved their academic potential and have secured places at university or the world of work. As successful as we are in academic terms, our Sixth Form prides itself on its holistic approach to supporting the academic and personal needs of every student. We offer a broad curriculum, suited to all needs, with a rich extra-curricular offer, and exceptional care for our students’ well-being.
In the Sixth Form, students are given greater responsibility for their own learning and the atmosphere in the study room is studious and focused. Lessons are very interactive and you will be encouraged to develop your ideas and understanding. You will be supported through the A Level Mindset and Preparation programme to develop the life-long learning skills of becoming an independent learner. It is a friendly and professional environment where students are valued and treated as adults. Each student is supported by their Form Tutor, the Sixth Form Team and myself, as Leader of Sixth Form. Your progress will be monitored regularly and you will be supported in your transition to university, apprenticeships or the world of work.
– UCAS Website
– UCAS Clearing
– National Careers Service
– Sixth Form Bursary Policy
– Application Form Bursary
16+ Travel Card
– Information For Parents
– Application Form
– KCC Website
– Digital Prospectus
– Information Booklet and Course Outlines
– Options Blocks
Tracking Student Progress
– Attitude To Learning (A2L) Descriptions
– Year 12 Course Outlines
– Year 13 Course Outlines
– Year 12 and 13 GCSE Courses 2016-2017
Reporting To Parents
– Reporting Dates
– List Of Equipment For Lessons
Homework and Independent Learning
– Homework Timetable and Policy
Examinations Information For Candidates
– Non Examination Assessments
– On Screen Tests
– Privacy Notice
– Social Media
– Written Exams – 2016 – 17
Meet The Team
- Mrs M Broadhurst, Head of Sixth Form has overall responsibility for Sixth Form students and should be the first point of contact for serious issues.
- Miss C Lockett, Deputy Head of Sixth Form
- Mrs J Pereira, Sixth Form Administrator manages the day to day aspects of Sixth Form life and should be contacted for issues regarding attendance, punctuality and paperwork related to trips, bursaries and travel cards.
- Mrs L Turney and Miss S Worron, Sixth Form Study Supervisors.