St. Simon Stock School has a science specialism. At Key stage 5 we offer A- levels in Biology, Chemistry and Physics as well as a BTec in Applied Science.
All students from Year 7 to Year 13 are taught by fully qualified science specialist teachers.
There are a range of enrichment activities offered by the school and, whilst these vary from year to year, they include:
- Visits to CERN in Switzerland
- Summer placements at University
- Visits to Medical Schools
- Visit from Bletchley Park to discuss cyber security and Enigma machine
- Presentation by the Health and Safety Manager of HS2
- Participation in a debate in London on the effect of plastics in the oceans
- A whole school STEM day
- Talk on the design of medicinal drugs
- Presentation to learn about particles using liquid nitrogen
- KS3 science club
- Robot club
A former Deputy Headteacher of our school, Kathleen Byrne, bequeathed to the Science Department a substantial sum of money, with the purpose of Promoting Careers in Science. We have used part of the bequest to fund the construction of a brand new, purpose built A–level Chemistry laboratory.