- St Simon Stock Catholic School has achieved a fifth consecutive year of exceptionally high-scoring GCSE results with 74% of students attaining grades 9-4 (A*-C) in English and Mathematics.
- We are delighted that in English and Mathematics, an average of more than four out of every five students achieved grades 4 (old grade C) or higher.
- In this phenomenally successful year, our students achieved a total of 335 top grades (9-7 or A*A grades equivalent), which was more than one in five of all the grades that were awarded.
- 29 students achieved an average of grade A or higher across all their subjects, including Temi Awogboro, Freya Bailes, Lois Buco, Riwin Frederick, Sergio Niblett-Morales, Joseph Nixon, Libbie Raines and Daniel Smith
- A considerable number of students achieved an average of more than one grade higher than expected across all of their subjects, but the following five students deserve special mention for achieving an average of two grades or more above their expectations – Elinor Burt, Niamh and Olivia Jestin, Toby Lonergan and Patrick Mariayajohnson
Comment by Brendan Wall (Principal):
- I am delighted for our students. These superb results show what can be achieved when hard-working, ambitious students work closely with excellent teachers, committed support staff, and their supportive parents who share our values and aspirations.
- We have a strong ‘can-do’ culture at St Simon Stock; this year’s outcomes provide clear evidence of the exceptional progress that students can make through hard work, determination and having a growth mind set.
- I am especially pleased because our excellent GCSE results, coupled with our outstanding A Level results, have now been sustained over several years; our students’ achieve highly because their progress is planned over a seven year journey, in which they consolidate and build upon their knowledge and skills as they move from one stage to the next.
24th August 2017