Our Key Stage 4 curriculum is diverse, balanced and highly successful. Our curriculum provides opportunities for learning for all students by offering different progression pathways to suit the aspirations and needs of learners. This Key Stage lasts three years from Years 9 to 11.
All students follow a core academic curriculum of GCSE subjects – English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, Science (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) and Religious Studies. In addition general Physical Education and Personal Development and Well-being lessons complete the core. Students also choose 4 option subjects. We recognise that for some students that this may be too demanding; these students follow a more personalised supported learning pathway.
Students are encouraged to take responsibility for their own learning through individual study in class and in homework. Throughout the Key Stage cumulative knowledge tests, end of unit assessments and end of year exams are designed for students to cultivate effective study skills and to consolidate their learning.
– Why We Run A Three-Year Key Stage Four
– Understanding The GCSE Grading System
– Attitude To Learning (A2L) Descriptions
– KS4 – Exam Boards used for GCSE & BTEC Courses in 2018-19 – Y11
Reporting To Parents
– Reporting Dates
– List Of Equipment For Lessons
Homework and Independent Learning
– Homework Timetable and Policy
– Year 9 Course Outlines
– Year 10 Course Outlines
– Year 11 Course Outlines
Examinations Information For Candidates
– Non Examination Assessments
– On Screen Tests
– Privacy Notice
– Social Media
– Written Exams – 2016 – 17
– DFE GCSE Factsheet Parent 2018