PE Kit List
The St Simon Stock PE Department strive to ensure that its students are getting the best learning experience possible. As a result of this we aim to set high standards in the appearance of all our pupils during lessons, practices and matches, with members of staff responsible for laying down clear expectations.
|For All Students:||For Sports Studies/School Team Students:|
|The school PE Kit listed below is available to order from Pages School Wear or School Wear For Less.
PE Kit Expectations:
- Appropriate footwear is essential. Studded footwear and shin pads must be worn for football. Studded footwear and mouth guards must be worn for rugby.
- School tracksuits can be worn, as directed by staff, to supplement the school PE kit in cold weather. Tracksuits can also be worn during warm ups and to/from school fixtures, but not during a match.
- All jewellery should be removed prior to the lesson and left in the changing room. Any student caught wearing jewellery within the lesson will have it confiscated, it will be sent to their Head Of Year and returned at the end of the term.
- Students with long hair must bring a hair band and tie their hair up for every PE lesson/school fixture.
- All kit should be clearly named – lost property will be kept in the PE changing rooms and unless claimed will be distributed as spare kit for those students who have failed to bring their kit to class.
- Students are advised to limit the valuables they wear as they must be left in the locked changing rooms. The school accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to items.
PE Kit Procedure
- If a student is injured or is unwell then we ask them to bring their PE kit and still get changed. The reason for this is to ensure that students participate in other ways in the lessons, such as leaders or officials. Students who cannot get changed due to their injuries are obviously excused from changing. They will be asked to participate in the lesson in another form to ensure we get the maximum participation in all lessons.
- If a student has an ongoing injury then a note from parents/carers is sufficient for a two week period. After this, a medical note will be needed as evidence of the injury. Any notes from parents or carers will need to be dated and include a phone number to ensure that we can follow it up.
- If a student is injured and fails to abide by this procedure they will be treated as if they have forgotten their PE kit and still be issued with a department detention.
Should a student fail to bring their PE kit, or an item of their PE kit, they will be issued with a department detention as follows: 1st offence = 10 minute detention at break time, 2nd offence = 20 minute detention at lunch time, 3rd offence = 1 hour detention after school and a phone call home, 4th offence = Placed on department report for 2 weeks or a 5 lesson period, 5th offence + = Meeting with Head of PE and Parents.