St Simon Stock Catholic School students are encouraged and supported to become independent learners and to take responsibility and ensure they come to school fully prepared and ready to learn.
Every day, all students in Years 7 to 13 should carry with them the following basic equipment for all lessons:
- Reading book
- Several HB pencils
- Soft pencils such as 2b, 4b, 6b (For Art)
- Colouring pencils
- Pencil sharpener
- Watch (not a smart watch) (1)
- Several black and green pens. Black pens should be used for all written class and homework. Green pens should be used for self – marking and peer – marking tasks.
- Mini whiteboard and pen (2)
(1) This has been added to the list of basic equipment. A key part of our teaching and learning strategy moving forwards is that pupils in all year groups learn to self – manage their time – keeping in all tests, using their own watch, which they take off and put on their desk. This removes the impediment of the pupil having to look up at a clock on the wall, which results in them stopping writing whilst they do this. Smart watches, with internet connection, are not allowed.
(2) Provided by the school
Form Tutors will support the work parents/carers do at home, to ensure students are organised.