Life in the Sixth Form
Life in the Sixth Form is very different to KS3 and KS4. To support our students, they are provided with guidance on how to use their study periods effectively by our pastoral manger. The PSHE programme for term 1 incorporates sessions on study skills and the Super Curriculum to support our students. To develop teambuilding skills an educational visit to Go Ape is organised.
The Sixth Form expects all students to perform at their best and to contribute to the Sixth Form community. Students are encouraged to gain leadership experience by joining the prefect team and participate in fundraising activities.
Life in the Sixth Form provides you with more independence than ever before but students should be aware that they need to organise themselves effectively. To help students achieve this they must balance their studies with other elements of their life. The key points below are designed to provide guidance.
- Students must complete 6 hours independent study per subject per week- this can include your private study lessons
- Part time employment can help develop the skills required for life beyond school but students should not be working more than 8 hours per week.
Private Study Lessons
To support students in reaching their full potential silent study rooms are provided for students to use during their private study lessons. In these lessons students are expected to complete the following tasks.
- Tasks set by their class teachers
- Developing Super Curricular activities
- Completing past papers
- Undertaking extra reading around all subject areas.
- Watching or listening to relevant podcasts, Ted Talks
- Completing MOOCs
- Keeping a record of any activities for personal statements
- Searching for work experience, apprenticeship and university courses