Careers and Futures
The careers and futures support at St Simon Stock Catholic School seeks to deliver on the 2018 Department for Education Careers Strategy.
We aim to ensure that:
- All students understand the full range of opportunities available to them, to learn from employers about work and the skills that are valued in the workplace and to have first hand experience of the workplace.
- All students to get an organised programme of advice and guidance that is delivered by experts with the right skills and experience.
- All students to get support tailored to their circumstances to ensure there is equality of opportunity.
- All students to get the information they need to understand the job and career opportunities available and help them consider suitable careers.
Students are given opportunities and advice throughout their school lives including:
- Careers related assemblies
- Options advice in Year 8
- Enrichment days which include careers related activities
- Personal development and well-being lessons as part of their timetable
- Higher education advice in Year 12
- Access to individual careers guidance interviews
- Work experience in Year 12
- Futures events which include advice on all levels of apprenticeships and employment
How the academy measures and assesses the impact of the careers programme on pupils.
The academy measures and assesses the impact of the careers programme on pupils by regular feedback about activities via virtual questioning of stakeholders. This in turn helps to assess the suitability of the programme leading to ongoing improvements.
All careers documents are reviewed yearly with the last review being December 2022. The next review will be November 2023.