6th July Futures Day with Bennett Memorial Diocesan School
On the 6th July it was our turn to host the Higher Education Day for both our own Year 12 students and those at Bennett Memorial in Tunbridge Wells.
In 2017, Bennett hosted the day for our students. A day like this meant all students could choose from a range of workshops depending on their own aspirations and make a more informed decision about where they apply in just a few months time.
The day included over 30 workshops for students to choose from:
- a number of universities (Exeter, Southampton Solent, Kent, Oxford, Cambridge, UCA, Surrey & Bristol)
- other training provisions (European School of Osteopathy, Mid Kent College)
- employers (Police, RAF, Navy, Walker Construction, HSBC)
- parents or past students talking about their own career paths (finance, real estate, cultural heritage, civil service)
- apprenticeships (3aaa & KATO)
We would like to thank Bennett Memorial Diocesan School for joining us for the day and hope that our hosting met expectations (or beat them!). It was a great day, incredibly busy and we hope all students gained some much needed information and confidence for the future.
We would also like to thank all of the volunteers including parents, employers and providers who travelled far and wide for the day. The time given by them undoubtedly save them time and worry later on.
And a final thank you to our keynote speaker who was inspirational in setting the tone for the day, Jo Whimble-Groves (pictured top). As someone who has become one of the most successful female entrepreneurs in recent years and as a beacon for those who don’t want to go to university (she didn’t!) it was truly motivational hearing her talk about not just her path so far but how to relate that to your own.
Mr May – Careers Leader